The first glimpse of your event will be seen by your guests through the invitations that you choose. Choosing invitations occurs in two steps:
- Choose the theme/colors
- Include important information
First, you must choose an appropriate theme for your party. Your son loves Legos? Lego party it is! Your engaged best friend is moving to New York City after her wedding? Plan a Broadway themed engagement party! There are plenty of websites and party stores where you can find all sorts of ideas and themes. Most of them will even let you customize your party needs.
After you have decided on a theme, and find the perfect invitations, remember to include all of the important information for your guests.
- Name: who’s throwing the party and who’s the party for?
- Date: have a definite date and be considerate of other people’s plans
- Time: set exact times and don’t make changes
- Venue: where will the party be held?
- RSVP: who should guests contact and when?
- Contact: how can guests get a hold of you with questions or RSVP?
Check out some examples below!